Navigation

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Have you ever been to a wine tasting?

Earlier this year, I made a list of 10 fun activities I wanted to do in Ashe County this summer. Go canoeing and visit the Farmers Market, see a lawn mower race and take a vacation to Pigeon Forge. Stuff like that. Number 8 on that list was to tour some of our local "famous" places, like the cheese factory, art galleries and the winery's. And since our plans for this weekend got cancelled, we decided to spend Saturday at the Thistle Meadow Winery. They offer tours that show how their wine is made and if we go at the right time, we'll even get to help bottle and package it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get to help!
To complete the tour, we'll get to participate in a wine tasting. I've never been to one, so I'm not sure what to expect. Is it like on tv? Do I swirl it in the glass, study the color, breathe in the scent (and declare it's woodsy with a hint of floral), sip it, swish it around my mouth and then spit it out? Boy, wouldn't that make me feel posh!
I'd much rather just sip it and swallow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment