Navigation

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Othercat's raising Baby Chicks!


I can't believe it! Me, a big city girl, raising 7 adorable baby chicks! It was hard at first because 3 of them died within the first 3 days. I can't tell you how much I cried while I was digging their little graves. I decided no more were going to die, so I researched until I knew everything about chicks. Now I jokingly call myself The Chick Whisperer. Funny as that is, I think I must be doing something right because the 7 that are left are doing great. They're eating so much and growing so fast! They're thriving!

My whole day is devoted to these little guys; making sure they have enough to eat and drink; making sure the temperature around them is perfect; making sure they're safe and comfortable. With how attached I've grown to these 7, I don't think I could bear to lose another one.

So far, we've built them 2 different shelters. John built them a huge chicken coop next to the barn. And I built them a large outside pen they use during the day. I'm hoping it's big enough to hold them until they're old enough for the coop, but I'm not sure.

Well, at least I won't get bored any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment